Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Per Diem
Under the general supervision of the Director of Pharmacy participates with patients, medical staff, health care practitioners in the provision of effective, safe and appropriate drug therapy.
This is a per diem position.
Reports to the Director of Pharmacy.
1. Graduate of accredited School of Pharmacy.
2. Licensed pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
3. Bachelor of Science or Doctor of Pharmacy degree required.
4. Advanced degree and/or residency preferred (MS, MBA)
5. Hospital experience preferred.
6. Good organizational and communication skills required.
1. TEAM WORK
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Supports others in the Pharmacy department and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
D. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the hospital's service excellence standards.
E. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
F. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment. (MediTech, Pyxis, fax, copier, software programs)
1. Reviews, processes and monitors patient medication orders to evaluate the appropriateness of use, dosage form, route of administration, regiment compliance, therapeutic duplication, drug interactions, adverse reactions and age appropriateness.
2. Checks technician prepared or prepares for dispensing all medications for patient specific use.
3. Coordinates delivery of controlled substances to patient care units.
4. Maintains records required by hospital and department policies, federal, state, and local regulations.
5. Completes monthly unit inspections of patient care areas, code carts and all other areas where medications are stored.
6. Assists with drug procurement and inventory maintenance.
7. Provide pharmacy consultation as requested.
8. Assists with precepting experiential education students from Schools of Pharmacy.
9. Reviews non-formulary requests and prepares formulary reviews as needed for Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
10. Participates in performance improvement activities using evidence-based practice. Implements Steward initiatives (therapeutic interchange, renal dosing, ADR reporting) with regard to efficacy, safety, and cost effectiveness.
11. Participates in Drug Utilization Evaluation program, Quality Improvement projects and prepares summary reports.
12. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of patient right to confidentiality.
13. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest trends and laws.
14. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuations in workload.
15. Maintains a safe and secure environment.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by the Director of Pharmacy.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: I53550