Clinical Resource Manager (CRM) - Med/Surg - Night Shift
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Service for directing and coordinating patient care services. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of nursing research and clinical practice, and leadership ability. Serves as a clinical resource person.
- Accepts responsibility for clinical components of patient care provided by the multiskilled workers. Promotes patient and staff education.
- Collaborates with nursing management, directs, and supervises the workforce to accomplish patient care services for 24-hour period.
- Promotes performance improvement.
- Communicates effectively to achieve maximum coordination of patient care and staff development.
- Assures that unit staff employ appropriate standards during the performance of all duties and maintains the confidentiality of all patient data.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with medical staff, nursing staff, and other departments to improve service and enhance quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of a college or technical training program in nursing is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. After orientation, up to 6 month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations. Previous experience as a manager in primary clinical area preferred. Requires at least a minimum of one (1) year RN experience, prefer four (4) years RN experience, on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility to develop the judgement necessary to make appropriate decisions and to handle emergency situations.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Current license by the state of