CME Coordinator; Part time
Manages the Continuing Medical Education (CME) of St. Joseph Medical Center. Responsible for the development and presentation of all CME medical staff conferences. Maintains and assures compliance with the Texas Medical Association accreditation standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Manages and coordinates the planning and implementation of Continuing Medical Education seminars for the medical staff.
- Using discretion reviews and evaluates CME applications to assure the essentials for the CME program are met.
- Provides leadership to planning committee for each CME.
- Develops or provides assistance developing seminar brochures and advertising materials for each CME.
- Acts as liaison to sponsoring companies, program director and facility as it pertains to disclosures, proper displays of materials, and format of program.
- Coordinates arrangements for each CME.
- Maintains accreditation data for each CME seminar.
- Awards CME credits to physician attendees.
- Maintains financial expenditures for each CME.
5. Manages and coordinates the Continuing Medical Education Committee meetings and functions.
- Schedule meetings as necessary, identifies appropriate participants.
- Participates in meetings providing expertise and advice on matters related to accreditation compliance.
- Records and completes the minutes of the meeting within 5 days after the meeting.
- Facilitates follow-up tasks to appropriate departments/committees and employees within one week after the meeting.
6. Prepares and distributes monthly CME.
7. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
- Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
- Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
8. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1531