Staffing Coordinator - RN - Full Time - Davis Hospital
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction.
Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Staffing Coordinator - RN
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), the Staffing Coordinator has the day to day responsibility for the management of the assigned area(s). Major functions include planning, organizing, staffing, educating, directing, evaluating, reporting, budgeting and assurance of quality improvement. Participates in continual evaluation of patient and unit nursing care and assumes responsibility for the practice standards of the unit staff. Plans and reviews the course of nursing care given in relation to the philosophy and objectives of the Nursing Department. In the absence of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and/or facility Directors, the Nursing Supervision Staffing Coordinator has the authority and responsibility for administrative decisions, and appropriate notification of the Administrator-on-call when needed. Maintains good intra and inter-departmental relationships, promoting good public relations. Participates in hospital activities related to the community and is active in professional organizations. Maintains professional behavior at all times, including a good rapport with medical staff members. All other duties as assigned.
- Current RN License in the State of Utah.
- Current BLS - American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required upon hire.
- ACLS, PALS, CPI and COAP required within ninety (90) days of hire.
- TNCC or TCAR required within one (1) year of hire.
- Minimum of five (5) years hospital nursing experience required.
- Must be available to work afternoons and nights.
- Responsible for facility day-to-day staffing duties.
- Communicates with physicians about all aspects in providing patient care.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Responsible for managing team schedule.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Davis Hospital & Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Expanded hours that allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- Emergency Departments organized to ensure a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety.
You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.