CNA / Sitter - Med/Surg - Part Time - JVW
Come work with us at Jordan Valley Medical Center- West Valley Campus! JV West Valley is a community based hospital that has many diverse career opportunities. We work as a team, involving all employees, to provide the highest level of care to our patients. It is this teamwork that allows for career growth and promotes continuous learning.
JV West Valley has been serving the health care needs of the West Valley since 1963. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff. As the area has grown and changed, JV West Valley has responded by expanding its services, offering Women’s Services, ICU, Med Surg, Telemetry, Surgical Services, Physical Therapy, Behavioral Health, and one of the busiest emergency departments in the state.
Whether you want to work with patients in a clinical position, or your skills are in another field like maintenance, customer service, laboratory, administration, or even food production, there are roles suited for you at JV West Valley Campus.
- Obtains verbal report from the patient’s nurse to include information regarding the patient’s identified care needs, diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers, as well as any special consideration (NPO, bed alarms, etc.)
- Positions self in patient room at bedside to maintain constant visual observation of the patient. Never leaves the patient alone or out of sight unless specifically instructed by the nurse.
- Obtains instruction from nurse regarding ambulation limitations and course of action for redirection of patient if needed.
- May not transport patient for testing or off unit procedures, but must accompany and remain within arm’s length of patient unless otherwise directed by the person performing the test or procedure.
- Observant of the patient’s activity and behavior and communicates on a regular basis to the nurse. Receives direction from the nurse re: what to report, to whom, and how.
- Provides for patient comfort, safety, and satisfaction. Maintains patient environment in a safe and orderly manner.
- Functions cooperatively as a team member. Responds as directed by the responsible nurse to changing needs. During a patient or environmental emergency, may serve as a runner or transport patients as directed.
- Communicates in a professional manner and demonstrates respect for patient, families/significant other and other health care members.
- Offers support and feedback to peers and staff. Applies principles of caring and healing in interactions with patients and families and with colleagues.
- Accurately and legibly records data collected and notifies RN of any untoward events, i.e., behavioral changes, violent behavior, etc.
- Seeks and supports opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Complies with all hospital rules, regulations, and nursing standards.
- Verbalizes understanding and responsibilities during all hospital codes. The assigned patient remains the sitter’s PRIMARY responsibility at all times.
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- At least one year of experience as a personal care attendant in a long term care facility or home health care agency is preferred but not required.
- Must possess the skills and knowledge necessary to provide a safe environment for all patients in high stress environments.
- Must be comfortable working with patients and family members during the dying process.
- Must be comfortable working with all patients regardless of age, sex, religious affiliation or any other protected category.
- Must possess the ability to effectively and professionally communicate with other members of the health care team.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Certification (CPR) required.
- Must have CNA Certification
- Superb interpersonal skills are necessary and required in order to effectively and cordially interact with patients, visitors, and physicians in a courteous manner.
- The ability to consistently project a positive attitude during stressful situations.
- Must display a professional demeanor (including dress and appearance) at all times.
Jordan Valley Hospital - West Valley Campus is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1900101