The Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for the direction of nursing and other patient care services as assigned. As a member of the senior management team, this position carries ultimate nursing authority and responsibility for planning, organizing, implementing, and evaluating nursing/patient care programs, performance improvement activities, infection control initiative, and hospital-wide planning and regulatory compliance activities. The nurse executive or a designee exercises final authority over those associated with providing nursing care, treatment, and services. The Nurse Executive has the authority to speak on behalf of nursing to the same extent that other hospital leaders speak for their respective disciplines or departments.
- Directs nursing services in all areas/departments where nursing care is provided.
- Responsible for ensuring that nursing policies, procedures, and standards describe and guide how the nursing staff provides the nursing care, treatment, and services required by all patients and patient populations served by the hospital and as defined in the hospital plan(s) for providing nursing care, treatment, and services
- Participates in community-based groups/activities as a representative of hospital administration; participates with community and Corporate nursing leaders in decision-making and support of innovative nursing practice.
- Participates with other administrative team members in promoting physician and employee satisfaction.
- Establishes Standards and Ensures Regulatory Compliance.
- Provides leadership to nursing and clinical departments to ensure compliance with licensing, JCAHO Standards, regulatory, and accrediting agencies.
- Develops/approves/implements organization-wide patient care programs, policies and procedures; nursing standards of patient care, treatment, and services; and standards of nursing practice that describe how patients’ nursing care needs or patient populations receiving nursing care are assessed, evaluated, and met; involves pertinent individuals/departments; obtains medical staff input/approvals as needed; assures that policies reflect the institution’s policies, medical staff bylaws, and governing board decisions.
- Assures that patient care needs in assigned departments are assessed, evaluated and met; utilizes quality reporting, patient satisfaction data, and feedback from medical staff to assess areas for improvement.
- Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration in assessing and planning for patient care needs, communicating progress toward goals, and providing for patients’ continuing care needs.
- Establishes standards and expectations for patient satisfaction; communicates results of PSMS reports; initiates action plan for improvement as needed.
- Participates in evaluation of cost-effectiveness of assigned patient care services/departments and economic value-added for proposed new services.
- Develops staffing plans which assure cost effective utilization of resources to meet patient care needs based on clinical assessment, utilizing data from performance improvement activities, patient satisfaction information, financial data, staff input, and physician input.
- Evaluates nursing care provided and uses the data to forecast and plan.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs to promote the recruitment, retention, development, and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Serves as coach and mentor for nursing staff; facilitates professional development; fosters atmosphere of learning and innovation, develops nursing management skills.
- Education: B.S. degree in Nursing or equivalent; Master’s degree in business, nursing or related business, nursing or related field is recommended; education and experience comparable to leadership peers; certification in nursing administration desirable.
- Experience (Type & Length): At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in nursing/health care management, preferable one year at the executive leadership level.
- Certification/Licensure: Current RN licensure in the State for which the individual works
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11132