Position Summary: Accountable for conversion of diagnoses and procedures into codes using an international classification of diseases. Ensures that records are coded in an accurate and timely manner. Also ensures the accuracy of Interventional Radiology, Cardiology, and Endovascular OR procedure charging, coding, and billing by performing pre-bill audits. Provides education to departments on charging, coding, and billing compliance.
- AHIMA Credential CCS, RHIT, and/or RHIA OR AAPC Credential CPC- H required
- CIRCC credential preferred
- Knowledge of diagnoses/procedures in accordance with ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding principles
- Detailed knowledge of interventional charging, coding, and billing principles
- Requires skill in the sequencing of diagnoses/procedures to optimize reimbursement, medical terminology, anatomy, and pathophysiology.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, and anatomy and physiology
- Ability to work with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff in a collaborative manner
- Knowledge of DNV, CMS, Federal and AZ State charting requirements preferred
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations preferred
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Basic computer knowledge including E-mail, Microsoft Windows, and HIM Software applications
- Well-developed listening, verbal, and communication skills
Ability to multi-task and take initiative to suggest process improvements
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12113