Community Relations Coordinator,17333,40 hrs week-8A-4:30P
The community benefits coordinator is a leading ambassador from the hospital to the communities it serves. The person is this role is responsible for building relationships with community stakeholders, audiences, and organizations, finding opportunities for grassroots public relations and marketing opportunities in the service territory and advising the hospital of community concerns and successes regarding its operations and delivery of care in those communities.
- Builds a strong, comprehensive community relations program, including the following:
- Identifies and builds relationships with community stakeholders, organizations and groups with the goal of expanding awareness of Holy Family Hospital and building a positive public image
- Identifies creative grassroots opportunities that allow the hospital to connect directly with members of the community
- Participates in community outreach activities, networking and events
- Assesses need, and makes recommendations, for community events to expand awareness of the hospital
- Makes recommendations on participation in community events
- Leverages a multi-disciplinary approach to community relations to build, nurture and maintain a strong presence in the community
- Expands networking
- Supervise, manage, make recommendations on sponsorships
- Track activities and expenditures for documentation in community benefits reports
- Write and file community benefits reports
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelors degree
- Experience (Type & Length):2-5 years experience in community organizations, community relations, marketing, communications or public relations
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft word, Microsoft powerpoint, excel
Other: Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat helpful but not necessary
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Motivated, self-directed, works independently
- Understands community benefits report requirements and can write and submit them
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to think creatively, and translate that into actionable plans
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
Ability to prioritize multiple demands
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 17333