Cook - Full Time
For more than a century, Salt Lake Regional Medical Center has provided high-quality healthcare for residents of the Salt Lake Valley. Conveniently located near the heart of the city, this historic hospital remains one of the most trusted medical centers in all of Utah. Today you'll find the most advanced medical technology in a world-class facility, a staff committed to staying on the leading edge of healthcare and patients who still find the kind of comfort and caring for which Salt Lake Regional always has been known.
Some areas of expertise include: Emergency Medicine, Heart Care, Cancer Care, Women's Health, Men's Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health among others.
This is a customer service position that requires a friendly, outgoing person with the ability to communicate effectively. Position requires an employee with basic knife skills, basic culinary skills and is knowledgeable in maintenance and operation of all kitchen equipment. This position requires an employee with good organizational skills; ability to follow a recipe and make recipe conversions accurately required. Will be required to plan for food production of shift and production for two to three days ahead.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current Utah Food Handlers permit or ServSafe Certification required.
- Prior food service experience is required
- Ability to push food carts and remain on feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be a team player and willing to cross train other duties in the department.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
Steward Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Salt Lake Regional Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 14042