Under general supervision of the Vice President of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition/Sourcing Specialist (TASS) educates applicants about job opportunities within the hospitals, screens resumes and applications, interviews qualified applicants for various positions, schedules candidates to interview with hiring manager, and conducts offers of employment. The TASS will utilize current marketing practices to attract talent, including, but not limited to, social networking, college visitation programs, attending regional and national conferences, mail and/or email campaigns, job boards, networking in the community, and prospecting using resume databases in Indeed.com, LinkedIn, and Boolean searches.
The TASS is responsible for delivering full-cycle recruitment for the hospitals and facilities in the system, assigned as needed based on priorities established by Corporate VP of Talent Acquisition and Corporate Human Resources. Based on fluctuating needs, up to 75% of the workload could involve sourcing applicants through resume databases and social media platforms. All other duties as assigned. This position requires flexibility and excellent time management skills. Some travel between the Steward hospitals may be required, as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of assigned Medical Centers.
- Follows Steward Health Care Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
- Collaborates with senior leaders, business unit directors/managers and others as appropriate to develop and implement a strategic talent acquisition plan.
- Provides training to new directors on applicant tracking software used.
- Maintains knowledge of business environment, industry, and market demographics for assigned Medical Centers.
- Provides high level sourcing of talented and diverse candidates by networking in the community and utilizing creative recruiting strategies to attract top talent. This includes corporate programs supporting social network initiatives, corporate programs to conduct email campaigns, resume searches and prospecting. Attends community sponsored job fairs, and plans and conducts in-house job fairs.
- Ensures positive applicant experience by conducting professional interviews, and practicing timely applicant follow-ups throughout the hiring process. Initiates 30 and 60 day follow-ups with new hires.
- Manages the hiring process by effectively screening and interviewing candidates to meet individual hospital needs; reviews job descriptions to ensure appropriate information included for advertisement, internet postings and targeted job boards; negotiates and communicates job offers to successful candidates.
- Maintains relationships with College Programs. Conducts student centered visits at RN, tech, OT/PT programs and others as needed. Establishes relationship with staff and/or student nurse president to network and generate candidates
- Maintains accurate and up‘to‘date records of applicants not hired and/or reasons for declined offers for future reference and/or EEO purposes. Maintains files and records of recruitment activities including costs, current applications, special efforts conducted, applicant source data, etc. Prepares a variety of reports and analyses indicating recruitment activity for management's review.
- Supportive of the compliance program set forth by Steward and demonstrated by:
- Upholding the Steward Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance.
- Adhering to and helping to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
- Assuring timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of two (2) years of healthcare recruiting experience required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or other related field preferred.
- Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to Human Resources in order to effectively communicate with applicants, employees, team members, department managers/directors and administration.
- Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
- Proven ability to work productively in an environment with high levels of interruption.
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills with the proven ability to effectively speak to groups of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Additional language skills preferred.
- Basic knowledge of personnel management, employment and recruitment techniques, and laws relating thereto.
- Basic computer knowledge, i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled