COTA, Center For Behavioral Medicine - Full Time
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Summary: Full Time, 32 hours, 8:00am-4:30pm, Sign on Bonus $2,000
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA), under the direct supervision of the OTR/L, assists with the occupational therapy, evaluation, and treatment of patients in individual and group settings. The COTA will also assist with the daily therapeutic responsibilities of the Behavioral Health Program. Prior experience in Behavioral Health setting is preferred
- Facilitates therapeutic group programming under the supervision of the OTR/L.
- Adheres to the current schedule using performance metrics to guide documentation
- Modifies activities as needed for patients during group sessions
- Provides 1-1 treatments/interventions as necessary for patients unable to attend group sessions
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings
- Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic and working relationships
- Receives continuing education required for job function
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Acts as a team member to ensure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to complete and maintain accurate and timely documentation of progress notes/treatment records
- Ability to plan and direct groups designed for needs of the psychiatric population
- Ability to assess the quality and appropriateness of care in accordance to professional/medical center standards of care
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, providers, patients/families
- Working knowledge of Meditech software; MS Outlook & Word.
- Associate degree from ACOTE accredited program
- Licensed in Massachusetts (COTA/L)
- Minimum of one year’s experience in occupational therapy setting.
- BLS Certification
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.