CSST, 40 HRs/Week, Day Shift (8:00AM to 4:30PM), Weekends As Needed, Holidays Required, Certified CSST to transport and process scopes from ENT. Ability to work in decontamination, use Sterrad and V-Pro equipment. Other duties in a full-service CPD as assigned.
- The CSST is responsible for everything related to the care, packaging, and sterilizing of surgical instruments, supplies and patient care equipment. Also, they are responsible for assembling case carts for the OR, maintaining the supply of soft goods required for procedures.
- Ensures proper operation and documentation of autoclave units prior to use on a daily basis – biological and chemical tests
- Inspects all machines for visible signs of malfunction/potential problems and reports findings to Manager
- Uses knowledge of sterilization principles to correctly package – peel pack, wrap, container – items for sterilization
- Accurately checks, posts, counts, and identifies numerous pieces of surgical instruments/equipment
- Assists with any clerical work related to unit as requested
- Assists with orientation of new personnel
- Applies aseptic technique in daily work assignments. Performs general cleaning of department surface areas, racks, shelves, storage cabinets, and all storage areas
- Stores all supplies and equipment; stocks departments dispensing racks
- Performs tray assemblage, proper packaging and preparation of all applicable supplies/instruments for sterilization with 100% accuracy
- Properly loads, operates, and cleans all sterilizers, Sterrad, Steris Units, and all general equipment using biological and chemical control tests as required
- Responsible for stocking all supply carts in the Operating Room (Instruments/Soft goods)
- Participates in departmental performance improvement and training activities
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to feedback
- Maintains and fosters an organized, clean, safe work environment
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements
- Assists the Manager and the material department in establishing and maintaining par levels in the OR and CPD
- Orders supplies via manual and electronic requisitioning
- Ability to prioritize orders and needs appropriately
- Arrives and disperses supplies
- Assists with departmental inventories at the direction/request of the Manager
- Assembles OR schedule and case pick lists for following day
- Performs QA audits of case carts for accuracy and potential process improvement ideas
- Updates physical supply locations as needed and timely
- Restocks supply shelves in the CPD and the OR daily
- Transports case carts to and from the OR for delivery and cleaning purposes
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
- Knowledge of sterile technique, sterilization processes, handling and care of instruments, tray preparation and special procedure items
- Ability to operate all sterilization equipment
- Ability to comply with all department and hospital procedures and policies
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
- Good written and oral skills and medical terminology required.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to act in a respectful and professional manner at all times even under stressful situations
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Completion of CST program
- Experience (Type & Length): Minimum of two years of experience as a CPD technician required. Experience with case-cart preparation desirable.
- Certification/Licensure: CRCST required.
- IV. Software/Hardware: Meditech, MS Word, MS Excel
- V. Other:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled