About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
*** Up to $10K Sign on Bonus available for qualified new to Steward Health Care CT Scan Tech applicants (full time) ***
***CT Scan Tech 16hrs
Performs diagnostic procedures as prescribed by physicians. Operates CT scanner, pressure injector, and related equipment to obtain high quality diagnostic images. Prepares procedure room, equipment, supplies and medications as needed. Provides patient services using CT scanner. Practices Morton Hospital Customer Service standards.
- Collects information by interview from the patient, family, significant other and other health care providers.
- Reviews patient’s records and lab values to further ensure proper assessment of patient.
- Documents assessment in a legible and accurate manner in accordance with policy/procedure.
- Evaluates patient’s needs accurately in order to prevent potential problems or complications.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate care with other members of the health care team.
- Explains the procedure to the patient and gives the patient an opportunity to ask questions.
- Establishes effective communication with the patient in order to complete the procedure. Is available and accessible to the patient.
- Injects patients using aseptic technique; asks for assistance in difficult situations.
- Monitors the patient for adverse reactions - responds appropriately.
- Keeps patient and family members informed of progress and/or delays associated with their procedure
- Completes annual education in Steward University.
- Completes quality images while following established protocols and procedures.
- Accurately prepares room for procedure, assuring all needed equipment is available prior to the start of the exam.
- Upon completion of procedure, properly cleans and organizes the room.
- Accurately assists in clinical training of Radiology students.
- Notifies supervisor of shortages of supplies, equipment malfunctions or unusual problems or situations within the department.
- In the absence of supervisor assumes responsibility as required.
- Readily and willingly contributes to the team approach in order to provide the best possible care and service.
- Uses proper radiation safety techniques to minimize exposure to themselves, patients, and the general public.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to ensure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Current BLS certification with American Heart Association
- Current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Radiography (Full/General) license; and
- Current Massachusetts DPH Radiologic Technologist Radiography Computed Tomography license; and
- Current ARRT registered certification in Radiography with RT(R) designation; and
- Current ARRT registered certification in Computed Tomography with RT(CT) designation
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Salary Range: $37.43 - $55.61