Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic, professional CT Technologist to operate CT Imaging equipment to acquire images for use by physicians in diagnosis and treatment of pathologies. The successful candidate will:
- Operate CT Imaging equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information; ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning; selects proper imaging techniques and follows department protocols in order to provide a complete study for the exam requested; documents exam and provides the Radiologist with images of diagnostic quality for interpretation.
- Utilize knowledge of illnesses related to the patient population and the various types of care being provided to them in order to obtain the appropriate images for the interpreting Radiologist.
- Explain the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Prepare and administer contrast media/medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner following state statutes and department policy
- Performs venipuncture with knowledge of appropriate needle gauge for specific exams in relation to injector rates and the safe use of the CT power injector.
- Participate in quality assurance and quality improvement projects as well as utilizing appropriate cost containment measures.
- Use independent judgment and initiative under pressure in a variety of situations when performing patient procedures
- Utilize aseptic sterile technique as necessary for any invasive procedures; maintain all supplies needed for these procedures in a clean and organized manner
- May be called upon to oversee and instruct various personnel and students as assigned and deemed necessary by the Imaging Supervisor.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography)
- ARRT Certification (CT)
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography)
- CPR Certification
Schedule will include rotation for weekend and holiday coverage; department operates 8 AM to 8 PM Monday through Saturday, exact schedule to be determined based on business need. Differentials paid for evening hours and weekends.
- Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision and other elective insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Supportive culture and professional development
- Internal growth opportunities
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Consistent with the actions of many healthcare providers across the country, and in an effort to keep our patients and staff safe, Steward Health Care Network will implement a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and affiliated physicians. Individuals will be required to be fully vaccinated by December 15, 2021. Requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law will be considered. New hires will need to provide proof of vaccination or request accommodation prior to their start date.
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country's largest physician-led, minority-owned, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 33 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.