CT Technologist/ NWH CT Scan/ Part-Time 20 hrs - 7a-7p e/o weekend and Every Monday 9a-530p)
I. POSITION SUMMARY
Operate the CT Scanner and related equipment. Provide optimum scan techniques for detailed images of all body parts. Transfer computer information to PACS system and other archiving media.
Director, Imaging Services (All staff and supervisory technologists are accountable to the Radiologist for medical direction.)
• ARRT Registry (RTR) and Massachusetts RT License required
• ARRT Registry in CT Specialty required
IV. PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
1. TEAM WORK
A. Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
B. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
C. Keeps others informed.
D. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
E. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
F. Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuation in workload
G. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
H. Reports to work on time and returns promptly from breaks. Provides proper advance notification for vacation absence or tardiness.
I. Observes hospital policies regarding smoking, telephone use, web mail and Internet usage, and other rules governing conduct in the workplace.
J. Limits personal phone calls to urgent and emergency situations. Limits communication and activity during regularly scheduled shifts to business related
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
D. Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
E. Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
F. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
G. Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
H. Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
I. Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via NetLearning.
1. Produces high quality CT scans for diagnostic interpretations.
2. Greets patients, reviews physician orders. Explains purpose and sequence of procedure to patient. Obtains brief medical history.
3. Assists patient in preparation for exams to include: disrobing, transport and transfer to table, answering questions and relieving anxiety.
4. Administers oral and intravenous contrast agents. Monitors any adverse reactions and arrange for medial intervention, if necessary. Adheres to safety and infection control policies.
5. Performs scans as prescribed by MD orders. Enters necessary data into computer console to activate and set scanning device; assesses image and fin-tunes for optimum quality; positions patient and ensures required immobility. Reviews completed images, repeats procedure upon order of radiologist, if desired quality has not been achieved. Monitors IV lines and patient's condition throughout procedure.
6. Monitors equipment performance and operation / reports malfunctions or irregularities.
7. Prepares and stocks room, clean area as needed. Ensures adequate stock.
8. Assists receptionist as needed. Copies films and maintains records.
9. Responds to emergency call as needed.
10. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
11. Documents and scans all appropriate paperwork into PACS.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 5243