Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with a company that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work and organization knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates is looking for an enthusiastic, Professional, and dedicated CT Technologist / Radiology Technologist in the treatment of our patients. The successful candidate:
*Must be registered as both CT Technologist and Radiology tecnologist.
- Operates CT Imaging equipment to obtain diagnostic images and information. In doing so, ensures the patient is properly prepared, obtains a relevant patient history and assures proper positioning. Selects proper imaging techniques and follows department protocols in order to provide a complete study for the exam requested. Provides complete documentation of the exam and provides the Radiologist with images of diagnostic quality for interpretation.
- Knowledgeable about illnesses related to the patient population and the various types of care being provided to them in order to provide the appropriate images for the interpreting Radiologist.
- Explain the exam to the patient taking into consideration the physical and emotional needs of the patient while maintaining ethical standards, including but not limited to, patient confidentiality, professional conduct and patients physical privacy.
- Prepare and administer contrast media/medications as prescribed by a licensed practitioner following state statutes and department policy. Does so only after demonstrating an understanding of all precautions/contraindications and possible adverse affect associated with contrast administration.
- Capable of performing venipuncture with knowledge of appropriate needle gauge for specific exams in relation to injector rates and the safe use of the CT power injector.
- ‹Remain flexible in all shift coverage and overtime situations as they become necessary.
- Use independent judgment and initiative under pressure in a variety of situations when performing patient procedures.
- Be knowledgeable in the operation of all equipment used during the work day, including imaging equipment, film processors, CT power injector and systems necessary to check appointments and patient reports.
- Execute paperwork as necessary for each patient exam, including but not limited to CPT codes and checking all Physician order sheets prior to the patient exam.
- Graduate of an approved formal program in Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT Certification (Radiography)
- ARRT Certification (CT)
- Possess a valid Massachusetts License as a Radiologic Technologist (Radiography)
- CPR Certification