Ct/U.S. Tech Assistant - Per Diem
The Radiology Technologist Aide is an integral part of the Radiology patient care team providing prompt, courteous, customer/patient- focused service/care to the patients, visitors and co-workers of Good Samaritan Medical Center. The Radiology Technologist Aide assists in a wide variety of radiology patient care and departmental flow support procedures. The Radiology Technologist Aide significantly contributes to service/care excellence by fostering collaboration among organizational team members.
- Assists technologist during imaging procedures by directly assisting with patient preparation, positioning, and release.
- Assists with the coordination and communication of patient exam scheduling, transportation, preparation, and results management.
- Prepares and assembles required pre-exam paperwork, including exam order, relevant patient history/laboratory results, and patient education documentation.
- Serves as a patient escort as needed.
- Coordinates, performs, and/or assists with patient transportation including those transports that require patient lifts and transfers as well as the use of wheelchairs and stretchers.
- Identifies patients for transportation by asking patient for name and date-of-birth and verifying this information against the patient identification band prior to movement.
- Assists with the completion of HIS, PACS, and teleradiology functions to ensure proper image reporting, billing, and image management.
- Assists with basic supply inventory management.
- Performs other duties as assigned - however, the Radiology Technologist Aide shall NOT perform image acquisition, intravenous access, or medication administration.
- Assist with flow of Radiology patients by notifying appropriate modality after patient arrival in holding area.
- Assist with flow of Radiology patients by coordinating transport when patient is ready for return to room or facility.
- Visualize patient and follow protocols for safety and infection control.
- Immediately report any patient care or equipment problems to nursing/technologist staff.
- Seek assistance from nursing/technologist staff to meet patient personal needs.
- Prepare equipment by wiping down stretcher or wheelchair with disinfectant wipe and covering surface of equipment with a sheet.
- Assist nursing/technologist staff with moving patient from wheelchair or stretcher.
- Ensure that patient is provided a sheet for privacy and a blanket for comfort as needed.
- Obtain and transport paperwork/chart as required.
- Identify correct patient for transportation in accordance with hospital policy.
- Adhere to the necessary precautionary methods for patients on precautions and will use personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Communicate with patients, nursing personnel and other department personnel in the performance of position responsibilities.
- Notify appropriate personnel upon arrival /departure of patient and/or miscellaneous items at unit/department.
- Report immediately any change in patient's condition (difficulty breathing, complaints of discomfort, etc) to nursing/technologist staff.
- Maintain and clean equipment (stretchers & wheelchairs) in collaboration with transport staff.
- Report defective equipment to the appropriate manager for repair.
• Ability to lift without any limitations.
• Ability to effectively perform work independently and as a team-member.
• Excellent customer service and patient care skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Knowledge of clerical functions, including data entry, storage, retrieval, and management as well as telephone, e-mail, fax, and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented and able to accurately perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
High school diploma.
Previous hospital experience preferred, medical terminology preferred.
BLS through AHA