Cultural Competency Admin
Health Choice Arizona (HCA) Cultural Competency Administrator (CCA) works to ensure services are provided in a culturally and linguistically competent manner. The CCA ensures services throughout our delivery system are equally accessible to members of all cultures, races, ethnic backgrounds, gender identity, sexual orientation, disabilities and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms, respects, and preserves the dignity of each individual. The CCA works collaboratively with all state and federal entities to ensure network requirements. Additionally, the CCA identifies provider needs within the Arizona network to meet the needs of members and is responsible for building a successful, culturally competent system of care.
- Develop and maintain a Cultural Competency/Language Access Plan and HCA’s Cultural Competency Program consistent with the requirements of the AHCCCS RBHA and ACC Contract
- Develop method(s) for evaluating the cultural diversity of the HCA membership to assess needs and priorities in order to provide culturally competent care to its membership.
- Evaluate the network, outreach services, and other programs to improve accessibility and quality of care for its membership.
- Ensures condonation of linguistic and disability related services
- Develop and facilitate Cultural Competency training for all staff
- Develop a training program to make providers and subcontractors aware of the importance of providing services in a culturally competent manner and understanding of health literacy.
- Develops and coordinates cultural educational events for HCIC staff, on a monthly basis that sensitize HCIC staff to issues related to cultural, language and ethnicity.
- Oversee language services which include interpretation and translation.
- Oversees the maintenance of policies and procedures related to Cultural Competency.
- Participates in key provider and internal administrative meetings to provide input, direction and leadership in decision making that supports a person-centered, culturally and linguistically competent approach to service delivery.
- Participates in HCA’s, AHCCCS’s and network-wide committees, task forces and work group relating to cultural competency
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree within the behavioral health and/or healthcare field.
License / Certification:
- Valid Arizona Drivers’ License
Years of Experience:
- Experience in Cultural Competency
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial contracting desired
- Experience with programs in the area of assignment such as such as health/behavioral health, managed care, tribal programs and services; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
- Experience with AHCCCS contracting requirements
Position located in Flagstaff, Arizona
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22589