Data Warehouse Developer
Steward Health Choice is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Steward Health Choice believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Steward Health Choice provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
Position Purpose: This position will report to the Data Warehouse Manager and will take a lead role in the design, development, and deployment of Data Structures and ETL Processes optimized for Reporting and Analytics.
Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
- Utilize SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to create ETL processes that import/export data in a timely, accurate, and appropriately formatted fashion.
- SSIS packages will utilize any and all available SSIS tools to fully automate import/export processes from the SSIS Catalog with appropriate error handling and/or process notifications regarding data integrity and availability.
- Utilize T-SQL to build relevant data structures and/or transformations to support/complete import/export processes.
Data Structures for Reporting/Analytics
- Utilize advanced T-SQL to build and populate reporting tables.
- Create any necessary views, stored procedures, or SQL functions to support reporting functions.
- Create SQL Server Jobs with robust error handling and data integrity checks to achieve automation.
Process Improvements and Architectural Enhancements
- Identify opportunities for structural and/or procedural enhancements to existing processes.
- Provide QA and/or troubleshooting for T-SQL scripts to support best-practices from users accessing data.
- Meet and discuss current and future data needs with users and stakeholders to assist in planning development activities.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Use Microsoft Office products to generate ad-hoc reporting or documentation.
- Perform data analysis and reconciliations
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a related field
Years of Experience:
- 5+ Years of Microsoft SQL Server development
- 2+ Years in Healthcare development or analytics (Medicaid/Medicare focus preferred but not required)
Work Related Experience:
- Knowledge of Healthcare data
- Experience using SQL Server tools (SSMS, SSIS, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with PowerPivot and/or Power Query Excel Add-Ons preferred but not required
- Advanced aptitude in SSIS and T-SQL development skills
- Advanced understanding of SQL Server data structure design and optimization
- Ability to quickly identify and adjust for project or requirements changes
- Ability to quickly comprehend data content for patterns and deficiencies during development
- Ability and willingness to meet with users and gather information/requirements independently and effectively
- Creative, flexible, and self-motivated with sound judgment
- Strong communication skills