Director-Care Management-40 Hrs/Week-Day Shift-No Weekends
Director of Care Management, 40 HRs/Week, Day Shift, No Weekends, No Holidays
- Position Function:
The Director is a registered nurse with strong leadership skills who assumes responsibility and accountability for the planning, organizing, development and coordination of the daily clinical activities of the Care Management staff.
Provides the administrative and regulatory detail and support to the Care Management Staff, in an effort to accomplish the departments goals and missions.
- Job Relationships:
Reports directly to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Works collaboratively with Physicians, Care Management Team, and other disciplines/departments.
Manages of the following staff:
- Care Manager RN Staff
Has the authority and responsibility for the coordination of all the RN Care Manager activities in the clinical area
- A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1.) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Functions as a strong leader and a role model in Care Management and assigned clinical
specialty, demonstrating competence in clinical judgment, coordinating care, and LOS
- Provides direct care management care to patients and their families in compliance with the
Nurse Care Management job description.
- Manages the "Lead Care Manager" program for leadership development of all the Care
- Manages patient flow, communicating to the Care Management staff to expedite admissions
discharges and transfers.
- Coordinates the
- Intervenes on difficult cases, supporting the activities of the Care Management staff in LOS
reduction, quality of care, legal and ethical issues.
- Exhibits flexibility and creativity in managing resources in response to changing
care management needs.
- Masters Care Management practice standards in relation to expected outcomes. Initiate
corrective action initializing appropriate channels.
- Works collaboratively with health care teams for implementation and revision.
- Anticipates and plans for staffing care needs considering census and acuity.
- Maintains excellent public relations by servicing as liaisons between patients, families and
the health care team.
- Assures patient confidentiality and masters the patient bill of rights.
- Responsible for the hiring and evaluation of Care Management Staff
- Develops and implements the fiscal plan.
Collaborates with MD and other disciplines in identifying and monitoring cost reduction
efforts for patient care load and department.
- Adjusts staffing to meet patient needs within established fiscal parameters.
- Collaborates with all disciplines over non-wage reduction initiatives.
- Is a strong leader in implementing LOS goals and maximize clinical efficiencies.
- Creates a positive work environment recognizing the unique contribution of each individual.
- Supports an interdisciplinary professional atmosphere.
- Recognizes escalating stress in the department and will provide/obtain the appropriate
- Demonstrates advanced critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrates ability to use alternative approaches to view situations requiring creative
- Enhances decision-making capabilities by utilizing operational knowledge of other areas in
- Facilitates conflict resolution using critical thinking skills.
- Respects the input and contribution of senior care management staff.
- Evaluates personnel.
- Displays a willingness to focus and work toward a resolution of staff issues on an ongoing basis.
- Develops daily and monthly schedule.
- Conducts staff meetings, and disseminates information.