1. Working as a line manager, directs the Health Information Management functions.
2. Monitors health information management system and sets the healthcare system’s standards for data quality and ethical practice
3. Serves as an internal consultant on health information management issues including release of information, confidentiality, information security, information storage and retrieval, and record retention as well as authorship and authentication of health record documentation, standardization of medical vocabularies, and use of classification systems, retention of records and documents, creation of new medical record forms, merging of duplicate medical records and Master Patient Indexentries.
4. Will be responsible for the assessment and analysis of processes and workflow associated with the HIM/medical records functions, Medical staff chart completion and suspension.
5. Will be responsible for identifying process improvement opportunities associated with Department function, with the Meditech system and/or other available tools.
6. Will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of the compliance work plan and monitor progress.
7. Will be responsible for making recommendations for future initiatives
8. Will be responsible for recommendations for Best Practice initiatives.
9. Adhere to HIPAA policies and procedures and Collaborates with the Privacy/Compliance Officer on issues.
10. Develops and oversees monthly reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and senior management as requested
11. Relates major events or serious matters related to Health Information Management to the local senior administration and corporate VP of Revenue Cycle.
12. Manage the staff and departments within areas of responsibility in order to achieve goals effectively and at a level consistent with industry standards.
13. Responsible for Joint Commission Standards for records, and is Chapter Leader for Record of Care standards and policies and reporting of Delinquent chart rates.
14. Responsible for DNFB, Billing issues, Billing denials and rejections including billing edits for claim submission.
15. Responsible for Charge Capture and education.
16. Responsible for various revenue cycle functions including medical necessity.
17. Manages external audits for coding compliance
18. Responsible for coordination of external reviews such as RAC, MAC, and various insurance auditing performed.
19. Collaborates in the creation of provider clinical documentation prompts within the electronic record system.
20. Responsible for assessment and education of new fiscal applications as they apply to health information dept.
21. Responsible for Transcription services, quality and turn-around times within the Facility.
22. Manage areas of responsibility within the approved annual operating and capital budgets
23. Adhere to all relevant policies and procedures
24. Maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to the hospitals, the Caritas Christi system, employees and patients.
16. Job Relationships:
• Collaborates with staff of the following departments:
• Health Information Manager’s Directors enterprise group
• Patient Access
• Information Systems
• Fiscal Services/Central Business office
• Clinical Managers and Directors
• Outside third parties and agencies
• Has the authority to receive and review confidential hospital information and patient medical information as it relates to the execution of the position.
• Has the authority to access, evaluate and analyze activities of the Health Information Management Department
• Has the authority to develop recommendations and implement initiatives based on assessments and agreed upon objectives.
|Microsoft, Meditech, 3M encoder software and groupers, MedAssets/Xclaim, Revenue Recover, RL Solutions, Heart station, Escription/Nuance/EMON, Summit|