Director of Case Management - Hillside Rehab Hospital - Full Time
Responsible to Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Case Management Department for overall operations including both daily and long-term activities. Responsible for achieving departmental and organizational-wide clinical, financial and quality performance targets. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Responsible for the oversight of the department, which performs functions of case management, utilization management, discharge planning, social work, and clinical documentation improvement.
- Facilitates the ongoing development of the Case Management program based on leading industry standards, benchmarking, and networking
- Responsible for collaboration with physicians and physician offices to facilitate timely patient flow, safe and effective patient care, documentation, and appropriate reimbursement
- Facilitates Utilization Management Committee meetings on a quarterly plus as needed basis.
- Manages department to ensure efficient use of resources and compliance with regulations and policies.
- Develops and implements business plans with specific goals, objectives and timelines for new programs or system enhancements to improve cost / quality outcomes.
- Develops and achieves operation budget in collaboration with the CFO.
- Responsible for the development, monitoring, analysis and trending of data to evaluate key outcomes. Facilitates performance improvement teams to develop interventions to improve outcomes.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, disciplining, firing, orientation, assignments, productivity, individual development, and performance management of assigned staff in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Registered Nurse with case management experience in acute care hospital setting required. Bachelor’s degree in nursing or Masters degree (MBA, MSN, MHA, MPH) preferred. Three to five years experience in clinical
Hospital setting with progressive management responsibility and demonstrated knowledge in all aspects of case
management and outcomes management required.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Management is strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in all aspects of case management. Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with physicians and multidisciplinary staff. Leadership and communication skills. Knowledge of applicable regulatory, legislative and Joint Commission standards.