Director of Nursing - Full Time
Responsible for direction of patient care activities in inpatients and outpatient Nursing Departments. Manages staff in the Department, provides management of operational and nursing activities. Consults with staff, physicians and the Chief Nurse on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.Under the guidance of the Chief Nursing Officer, actively participates and collaborates with peers in order to align policies and procedures for both campus. Participates in quality and process improvement in the department during all phases from planning to implementing, and sustaining efforts, including taking corrective action if other employees fail to carry out delegated duties. Responsible for overall productivity and nursing cost per day for Tempe Nursing Departments.
- Five years or more years experience in direct patient care nursing, and minimum three yrs nursing management experience.
- Bachelors in Nursing required. Masters degree, and/or actively pursuing Masters in related field required - evidence of continuing education directly related to Nursing/Hospital Administration required.
- Current unrestricted Arizona RN license.
- BLS certificate
- A current knowledge of the principles and concepts of ACLS/PALS/NRP.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge with proficiency in word and excel desired.
Equal OpportunityEmployer Minorities/ Women/ Veterans/ Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1806702