Director of Peri-Operative Services-RN
The Director of Perioperative Services is responsible and accountable for the delivery of care throughout the perioperative areas, including Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), Pre Admission Testing (PAT), Central Processing Department (CPD), Minor Procedures Unit (MPU) and the Pain clinic. The Director provides leadership with a focus on patient, employee and physician satisfaction. The Director ensures the efficient operation of the Perioperative departments, focuses on quality improvement, regulatory readiness and strategic business development.
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Oversees management of Perioperative services operationally and fiscally.
- Ensures that the Perioperative departments are compliant with the recommended standards of professional and regulatory organizations such as Joint Commission, Department of Public Health, AORN, ASPAN, and AAMI.
- Reviews departmental policies and procedures for regulatory compliance, relevance and current practice standards. Holds staff accountable for compliance with policies and standards of care.
- Demonstrates effective communication, consultation, negotiation, and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team.
- Uses effective conflict resolution techniques
- Evaluates staff performance and verifies perioperative personnel competency to provide safe and effective patient care.
- Provides educational resources to assure staff competency and professional development.
- Collects and analyzes data related to quality, regulatory, patient satisfaction and performance improvement projects within perioperative services.
- Collaborates with the OR Committee to achieve common goals and to establish programs that promote and meet the needs of the patient population.
- Provides guidance, support and constructive feedback to the Perioperative personnel team members and other team members as appropriate
- Oversees both short and long term planning in all aspects of management including program development, facilities, equipment, personnel and staff development.
- Acts as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information.
- Knowledgeable about relevant Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Pursues professional growth and participates in professional organizations.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Minimum 7 years varied and progressive Perioperative experience
- Two years Perioperative Nursing management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Healthcare Management preferred
- Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: I50561