Director - Surgical Services - Full Time - St Luke's Medical Center
Responsible for the direction of patient care activities within the perspective Nursing Department. Manages staff within the department, provides management of operational and nursing activities. Consults with staff, physicians and the Chief Nursing Officer on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Arizona RN license
- Leadership skills to include management of human, fiscal and capital resources; 3 - 5 years leadership experience required
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to gather, analyze and assess data from various sources to develop quality improvement initiatives
- Effectively skilled with Word Office Suite to include Word, Excel and powerpoint
- Knowledgeable of all regulatory requirements including local, state and national regulations as well as JCAHO
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet the demands of patient care delivery and management oversight to area of responsibility
- Intermediate computer knowledge.
- Understanding of varying hardware, software, word processing and database products.
- Ability to independently learn and utilize multiple programs in a manner to facilitate department processes.
- Strong interpersonal and independent decision making skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled