Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 3/27/2020
- Transcribes and transmits physician’s orders to appropriate areas under the supervision of the R.N.
- Demonstrates competence in functioning as a receptionist on the nursing unit and communicating with physicians, ancillary departments, patients and visitors
- Answers telephones, takes messages and communicates messages to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- Receives, places and transfers calls using appropriate telephone etiquette
- Handles telephone information requests with courtesy, accuracy and timeliness
- Works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team to achieve patient and unit goals
- Inventories and orders unit stock, ensures proper supplies are on hand
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to change in the workload
- Initiates patients charts on admission and maintains in appropriate organizational and sequential order
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge and use of all forms
- Demonstrates an ability to perform in an accurate and precise manner in crises and emergency situations when time is essential
- Communicates with the R.N. any treatments results, observations, patient complaints and other pertinent information regarding the conditions of the patients
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous clinical administrative experience preferred
- Computer skills