EEG Technician, Neurology, Per Diem
Performs skilled multifaceted neurodiagnostic testing for inpatient and outpatients of all ages and diagnoses.
This is a per diem position with the preferred availability of 7:00am - 3:30pm.
Director of Neurology and Pulmonary Care Services and the Neurodiagnostic Laboratory Supervisor.
1. Graduate of comprehensive EEG training program
2. Certification mandatory, registration preferred
3. High school diploma required. Associate Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Allied Health Field preferred.
4. Three to five years' clinical experience required
1. TEAM WORK
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Supports others in the department and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
D. Keeps others in the department informed of relevant information.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the hospital's service excellence standards.
E. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer/employee population.
F. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
1. Perform standard EEG recording following AEEGS guidelines including time requirement, obtaining appropriate states of consciousness
2. Perform activating procedures where applicable and clearly notating all functions and clinical observations
3. Demonstrates knowledge of advanced EEG testing, portable EEG's, Electrocerebral Silence, MLST and Sleep Apnea testing and performs with technical excellence
4. Demonstrates knowledge in the area of Evoked Potential recordings and can perform with technical excellence upper and lower extremities, visual and brain stem EP's
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: I53096