Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 1/15/2020
We are looking to add a per diem EKG Tech to our fast-paced busy Cardiovascular Department within Morton Hospital located in the heart of Taunton, MA. We are a community health hospital who pride ourselves in providing exceptional care to meet our community’s needs. We proudly wear our “Morton Blues” and are the “hub” of healthcare for our region. We service not just our immediate Taunton residents’ needs but also surrounding towns treating all like family. That is what we strive for here at Morton – “Our Family, Caring for Yours” is not just our motto but our promise. So if you are looking to make a difference in the care you provide and to care for your patients as you would your own family member, apply today to this exciting opportunity.
Performs, under minimal supervision, routine and specialized testing on patient to obtain information used in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Performs EKGs, Stress testing (ETT, stress echo and Nuc Med stress testing), Holter monitor placement and scanning as ordered by Physician. Prepares patient for exam by explaining procedure and physically hooking up the patient as needed. Follows all established patient care protocol.
- Performs testing in a timely manner and insures accuracy of reporting. Has and demonstrates knowledge of the diagnostic equipment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing all computer tasks associated with all job responsibilities.
- Keeps equipment clean and in good working order. Performs equipment checks to ensure safety of patients and staff as well as proper operation of equipment. Reports any problems to the on duty supervisor of the department
- Prolonged standing or sitting may be required.
- Occasional moderate lifting, 25-50lbs), (with help), as well as assisting a patient into position for testing.
- Covering codes and emergencies cases as well as routine EKG, stress tests on inpatient and outpatient throughout the hospital. Stays in communication with physicians, nurses, patients, visitors, and other hospital personnel.
Management of Time and Resources:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes
- Is part of a team effort to insure quality services.
- Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns
- Produces quality results.
- Continually strives to improve the quality of work.
- Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
- Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion .
- Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
- Responds to requests in a timely manner.
- Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customers satisfaction
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: inservices, formal educational programs, other work groups and on the job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and inservices and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative hospital and all departmental policies and procedures including safety issues
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by MHMC and where they are located