Enviro Svcs Wkr Part Time Primary Days 7a-3:30p with weekends/holiday rotation
Primary Shift 7a-3:30p with rotating weekends/holidays. Other shifts may be 2p-10:30p or 8p-4:30a
Responsible to the hospital of Ohio for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Environmental Services for providing a physical environment that will enhance the hospital's ability to provide efficient effective and safe patient care achieved by providing environmental services including waste removal and disposal, recycling, cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting equipment and structures. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Uses and stores equipment safely, properly, efficiently and follows instructions.
- Prepares and stores service carts, chemicals, cleaning materials, and other related items properly, safely, and by instructions.
- Cleans and sanitizes hospital areas as outlined in the procedure manual using the proper cleaning methods, equipment, cleaning materials, supplies, and chemical solutions at the proper /use dilution mixture.
- Services dispensers with the proper supplies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collects, transports, stores, and disposes outside of the hospital environment to the dumpster area all refuse, and related materials, safely, as outlined in the procedure manual, and by following EPA/OSHA guidelines and/or regulations.
- Prepares building for activities, set-up, etc.
- Follows proper terminal cleaning procedures outlined by environmental services in surgical areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED required.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
None required for this position
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSKnowledge of regulatory, legislative and JCAHO standards related to infection control and waste disposal
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 11395