Envr Serv Aide, Housekeeping, 20 hours per week
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Environmental Services. Clean and sanitize assigned areas such as patient rooms, nursing stations, restrooms, offices and halls as directed.
This position is Monday thru Friday working 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
• Supervisor, Environmental Services
• Lead Aide
• Knowledge of cleaning techniques and supplies.
• Three months to become proficient in job responsibilities.
• Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
• Is supporting of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
• Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
• Keeps others informed.
• Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
Service Excellence (both internal and external)
• Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
• Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
• Ensures the dignity of patient/customer is maintained at all times.
• Abides by and upholds the Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
• Respect the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e. ages and culture).
• Obtain and stock necessary cleaning materials on cart assigned.
• Removes trash from assigned area.
• Washes trash receptacles as necessary and replaces liner as appropriate to area/unit.
• Cleans lavatories, including spot wash of doors, mirrors, toilet bowls, bathtubs, shower stalls, sinks and tiles. Restock toilet supplies as necessary.
• Washes and dusts furniture within assigned areas. Spot wash walls and door and wash window ledges throughout assigned areas. Check drapes, curtains and shades for replacement as needed and report to Supervisor. Hang or remove curtains and drapes, move furniture as requested.
• Reports items in need of repair to Nurse Manager or Administrative Manager within assigned area.
• Performs discharge-cleaning duties, including wash down bed, frame, springs, mattress and/or covers, furniture and related items, using prescribed germicide solutions. Insure patient rooms are sanitized for new admissions.
• Performs precautionary room cleaning procedures when isolation cases are questionable.
• May assist in the general duties of a Transporter depending upon Department need.
• Wet and dry mop floors in halls and rooms.
• Removes hazardous waste/sharps containers from patient rooms/units.
• Cleans baseboards, corners, edges, stainless steel and vents.
• Safe and effective use of equipment
• Report equipment failure to Supervisor
• Demonstrate knowledge of Fire Safety, Smoking and Infection Control policies.
• Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development with patient interaction.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 3376