ERT,REQ 26776,ED,32hrs. 3pm-11:30 EOW
Location: Holy Family Hospital
Posted Date: 4/21/2020
Participates in the general organization and functional operation of the Emergency Department and in delivery of care to emergency patients of all ages under the direction of the registered nurse. EKGs, Vitals, assisting with stabilizing patients, transportation of patients and patient care.
- Performs clinical tasks of EKG, splinting, vital signs, finger stick glucose testing, wound care, crutch walking, and patient activities of daily living.
- Performs specimen collection according to hospital procedures at the direction of the nurse.
- Assist providers with diagnostic procedures and exams (i.e. pelvic examination, lumbar puncture, suturing, etc.)
- Performs visual acuity testing on patients and documents as directed by the RN.
- Completes daily department stocking and checklists as assigned by the Lead ED Technician of Charge Nurse.
- Cleans exam rooms upon patient discharge or directs housekeeping to do so for rooms requiring terminal cleaning.
- Responds quickly and courteously to call lights and patient and family requests.
- Greet patients and documents arrival time on triage sheet.
- Obtains and documents vital signs on all patients before they are triaged, unless immediate treatment in clinical area is required.
- Assists with order entry or quick registration of patients in triage to expedite care.
- Assists patients who need assistance with transport from parking area.
- Provides comfort measures for patients in the waiting area (i.e. blankets, ice, etc.)
- Acts as a liaison between the patients and families, triage nurse, clinical staff working inside and security.
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate at the high school level.
- CNA, EMT or graduate of Medical Assistant program
- Demonstrates clinical competency within the scope of practice of applicable certification.
- BCLS required.