Responsible for cleaning and maintaining assigned work area and performing all tasks assigned. Must be able to effectively communicate with all hospital staff and the general public in a professional manner.
- Job Relationships:
- Reports to the Environmental Services Operations Managers.
- Takes direction from EVS Lead.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all hospital staff and the general public in a professional manner.
- Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
- and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and efficient use of cleaning techniques, solutions, equipment and tools.
- Utilizes Radio and /or Beeper to receive and transmit communication.
- Performs related services such as office moves, bed moves, changing mattresses, stocking supplies, etc.
- Receives and distributes linen as required.
- Maintains high standards, works steadily at an efficient pace, achieves high Quality Assurance scores.
- Interacts hospitably, cheerfully and supportively with staff, patients, visitors and colleagues.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and storage areas in clean, orderly and good operating condition. Respects and Hospital property.
- Responds rapidly and thoroughly to emergencies, special needs, spills, etc.
- Takes initiative in rendering service or responding to needs. Collaborates with other Departments to achieve goals.
- Honors department and Hospital attendance, break, behavior, dress and safety codes
- Performs related duties as needed and assists in special projects as requested.
- Reporting Requirements:
- Reports immediately to the manager, any deviation of normal operation.
- Reports immediately to the Director of any unusual occurrences related to patients, staff, general public or self.
- Reports all incidents and/or breaches of procedures to the Manager.
- Is accountable for cleaning and maintaining their assigned work area and performing all tasks as assigned my supervisor.
- Is accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all Hospital related, staff related and patient related data and information.
- Is accountable for abiding by all relevant Hospital policies and procedures.
- Is accountable for observing all policies and procedures of the department and the Hospital.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to speak clearly and precisely.
- Flexibility in a fast paced hectic environment.
- Patience under pressure.
- Kindness and sensitivity to all the people we serve.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience (Type & Length): One to two years preferred