Experienced RN, FT (7p-7a- Night Shift)- Labor & Delivery, with $12,000 Sign-on bonus
Steward Health Care operates 35 community hospitals across nine states and the country of Malta serving over 800 communities, with more than 42,000 employees.
Our primary care doctors and specialists prioritize preventive care and put the patient first. They work as a collaborative team to manage chronic health issues, so patients spend less time in the hospital and more time with their loved ones leading healthy, active lives. Steward’s award-winning care regularly achieves the highest ratings for quality and safety.
With a passionate focus on high-quality care, innovative services, and community commitment—a mission to keep patients healthy and out of the hospital—Steward is not only transforming health care in the cities and towns where it operates but is also building a new industry model for the rest of the country.
Serves Labor & Deliver needs for patient’s adolescent and adults, ages 12 -54 with a variety of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses and manages laboring woman's physical condition/parameters and progress through the labor and delivery, including significant other in the process
- Assesses fetal wellbeing by means of electronic fetal monitoring and other standard parameters
- Immediate stabilization of the neonate
- Maternal recovery after delivery (vaginal or cesarean section)
- Assumes circulating role for vaginal or cesarean section delivery
- Assesses for and in collaboration with medical staff, stabilizes and evaluates effectiveness of interventions for obstetrical/medical complications such as: Pre-term Premature Rupture of Membranes (PPROM) Pre-term Labor (PTL) Pregnancy Induced Hypertension (PIH) Hemolysis Elevated Liver Enzymes and Low Platelets (HELLP) Diabetes Placenta Previa Placental Abruption
- Initiates parent infant bonding promoting a baby-friendly environment
- Assesses learning needs and teaches patient and family
- Electronic Fetal Monitoring education annually
Scope of Care: The Family Birth Center (FBC) is comprised of 2 floors of the Women's Center. The third floor has twenty-eight (28) beds and a Transition Nursery. The fourth floor has twenty-two (22) beds with the capability to flex up to twenty-eight (28) beds. The fourth floor has the capability of a Transition Nursery.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing
- Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required
- Current NRP certification required
Years of Experience:
- One-year of experience in high risk Labor & Delivery
- Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area to safely and efficiently treat patients
- Good verbal and written communication skills necessary to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team
- Writes/prints legibly to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others
- Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor to be an effective patient advocate
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled