Job Summary: Directs the management of all departmental programs and services relating to physical plant operations including buildings & grounds, maintenance, system operations and utility services.
Effectively communicates departmental, organization and industry information to staff. Manages employee relations within the department to assure quality services and promote effective communication and employee satisfaction. Responsible for maintaining EOC standards and requirements throughout the facility. Responsible for fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources.
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Plant Engineering
- Environmental Services
- Construction & Renovations
- Security Services
- Telecommunications Services
- 5-10 years experience in Facilities Management, Plant Operations and or Property Management services. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Engineering or related degree/certification a plus.
- Hospital experience required. Familiarity with all aspects of plant services within a medical facility.
- Must be familiar with JCAHO, OSHA, DPH, EPA, NFPA, State Building Codes, and infection control guidelines for work in a healthcare facility.
- Leadership experience with a focus on quality, efficiency, and customer service.
- Successful track record in managing both multiple operations projects and capital projects a must.
- Candidate must possess management, interpersonal and staff development skills, must be able to read schematics and blueprints, and must be knowledgeable of hospital buildings, mechanical and electrical equipment, and safety procedures.
- Candidate must have computer skills ranging from Word to Excel and Outlook. Any Cad or CAFM, Computer maintenance systems experience are all a plus.