Facilities Engineering Technician - Full Time, 3pm-11:30pm
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and
values. Responsible to Facilities Engineering Department for providing an environment that will enhance the
hospital's ability to provide efficient, effective and safe patient care achieved by maintenance, repair or
replacement of mechanical systems and equipment. Must be capable of performing a wide variety of work to
ensure that the TRMC facilities and infrastructure are maintained in a safe and effective working condition.
Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, and timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Maintains and repairs building systems and associated equipment.
- Maintains and repairs production equipment, i.e. Nutritional Services.
- Maintains and repairs non-clinical equipment.
- Performs emergency repairs as needed.
- Performs skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities depending upon area of assignment including, but not limited to, basic trade activities and preventive maintenance activities such as plumbing, minor electrical, filters, lamping, painting and carpentry work.
- Maintains facilities, shop and garage areas, storage sites and other buildings in a clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used.
- Completes Joint Commission required inspections/repairs and preventive maintenance work orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Possession of a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), technical training, 3-5 years of assignment-related maintenance experience; or an equivalent combination of education and institutional or commercial experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to define complicated physical or technical relationships. (Examples: operation of electric motors, refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment, steam pressures, etc.)