FT Operating Room RN U
The Perioperative Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative nursing care. The professional nurse assumes the responsibility and accountability for the delegation of patient card to other members of the health care team. Registered Nurses will be required to take call on a rotational basis.
Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse. Promotes patients independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Requires an associates degree and is certified as a registered nurse. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Years of Related Experience:
- Minimum: 0-1
- Preferred: 2-4
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current/Active Florida Registered Nurse License (RN) OR Approved Multi-State License
- Education: Technical School/2 Years College/Associates Degree
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- OR Nursing Certification (CNOR)
- Education: Bachelor's Degree