- Comprehensive understanding of HCC Coding rules, regulations and methodology
- Accurately and efficiently conduct medical record review/abstraction services.
- Communicates with physicians and office staff on records needed for chart chases.
- Perform work duties remotely, working on site as necessary for additional training and on-going education.
- Must have comprehensive understanding of: the contents of a typical medical chart, medical terminology and abbreviations, ICD 9 / ICD 10 coding conventions and guidelines, what constitutes adequate substantiation of a diagnosis, and appropriate providers, documents and facilities for proper code capture.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology/major disease processes/pharmacology
- Knowledge of understanding etiology, pathology, signs and symptoms, diagnostic studies and treatment modalities
- Ability to work remotely from home (maintaining high speed internet as required). ? Knowledge of CMS and Commercial Health Plans
- Strong customer service skills and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of HEDIS measures and their requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of risk adjustment/HCC coding
- Ability to effectively interact with staff, customers and management at all levels.
- Maintains agreed upon work schedule
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to embrace change
Education:Clinical training (Medical Assistant, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, or Certified Nursing Assistant) preferredCollege degree preferredExperience:At least three (3) years of coding experience; Clinical experience also preferredCertification and License:Certified as CPC, CCS, CCS-P, CCS-H, CPMA or RHIT
Position located in Phoenix, Arizona
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21949