Health Promotion Specialist
Health Choice is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Health Choice believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Health Choice provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
Position Purpose: The Health Promotion Specialist is responsible for tasks related to increasing compliance with performance measures and promoting comprehensive health care for members from birth to age 21.
Review, monitor, and enter tracking form, immunization, and dental data:
- Enter information from EPSDT tracking forms into the system database
- Process specialty referrals
- Identify members with special needs
- Forward specific referrals to appropriate departments
- Review immunization data from tracking form
- Enter and update data in the Immunization database
- Research and resolve immunization, well visit, or dental visit issues
- Inform providers of members needing immunizations, dental, or well child visits.
Focus on maintaining or improving quality outcomes:
- Contact members via telephone and/or mail on child health and wellness related topics
- Communicate with providers on member related issues
- Identify new opportunities to encourage members’ personal responsibility for their health care
- Ensure at risk members receive follow up in areas identified on the EPSDT annual plan or AHCCCS contract
Identify, refer and/or coordinate care for members with specific medical and social needs:
- Outreach to members referred to services to verify that needs have been met
- Maintain database and documentation
- Coordinate with PCP, Dentist, local department of health, Medicaid
- Refer members for care management if indicated
Education / Experience / Other Requirements:
- High School degree or equivalent GED preferred
Years of Experience:
- Experience in a managed care organization or related healthcare delivery system preferred
- Computer experience necessary
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Knowledge of Medicaid regulation and guidelines preferred
- Knowledge of childhood immunizations preferred
Position located in Phoenix, Arizona
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19906