HIM Coding Coodinator
The Coding Coordinator reports to the Director of HIM to assist in keeping the multifunctional day to day Revenue Cycle Management operations on track. This position requires the employee to maintain a process improvement plan to ensure efficiency and quality in the workflow. Keep up with educational material/Healthcare changes on Medicare/Medicaid, ICD-10, and CPT coding and documentation guidelines. Participate in and investigate billing edits due to revenue codes, modifiers or coding questions. Work closely with CDI Specialists in providing coding conventions and guidelines when the clinical and coding assumption is in conflict. Participate in the overall philosophy of supporting a self-directed team that performs under minimal supervision.
- Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices
- Conduct audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise
- Assign and sequence all codes for services rendered
- Collaborate with billing department to ensure all bills are satisfied in a timely manner
- Communicate with insurance companies about coding errors and disputes
- Contact physicians and other health care professionals with questions about treatments or diagnostic tests given to patients with regard to coding procedures
- Work with other departments and outside consultants to address claim issues, coding errors and questions.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3934