HIM Data Analyst
Summary of Responsibility:
The HIM (Health Information Management) Data Analyst collects, analyzes, and reports data from the Meditech EHR and other automated and manual sources for monitoring and measuring clinical quality and operational performance, as well as providing support and back up to the chart analysis, processing, and completion functions. Being proficient in the Meditech EHR, the HIM Data Analyst serves to ensure optimal use of Meditech for HIM and data analysis purposes. The HIM Data Analyst will be responsible for automating internal reports including information required to support HIM and medical coding/reimbursement processes, provider privileging, and clinical quality of care analysis. The HIM Data Analyst provides solutions for data management supporting managers in performance improvement, creating clinical data dashboards, coding and productivity and presenting information to help hospital leaders understand the impact of the data as well as to demonstrate performance for regulatory needs.
- Associates degree minimum. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- HIM degree or certification, such as RHIT or RHIM preferred.
- Prior experience working in HIM/ Medical Records Department
- Advanced / expert proficiency in Excel, SQL, and other reporting writing system implemented for Steward.
- Experience using automated health records and compiling automated reports; experience with Meditech preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively to understand and apply internal customer needs for creative data management solutions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead others through problem solving
- Maintains knowledge of HIPAA and other related regulatory requirements
- Acquire and evaluate information to provide effective patient data retrieval and reporting systems.
- Work collaboratively with IS Department in identifying and developing automated reports for organizational and quality management / performance improvement needs.
- Create / utilize common information definitions to ensure data consistency.
- Develops performance measures with leaders for evaluating patient outcomes and the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of care and services provided.
- Design reports on key performance measures including development of data dashboards and scorecards.
- Benchmark internal and external clinical, operational, financial data.
- Provides data reporting for Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) and
Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE) functions
- Provides quality reporting metrics from the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), including but not limited to History and Physical signing compliance, Discharge Summary Compliance, and Medical Records Delinquency.
- Improves processes for chart deficiency analysis and completion tracking, as well as carrying out this duty as needed.
- Conduct focused chart audits as needed
- Provides back up or coverage to other HIM duties.