HIM Processing Associate - Per Diem
Posted Date: 6/4/2019
Performs a variety of functions related to the incomplete chart deficiency system.
- Assembles and analyzes all types of records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with rules and regulations of the medical center.
- Responds to physician inquiries, retrieves medical records for physician completion and supports the physician suspension cycles.
- Required to perform a variety of functions related to the maintenance of medical records, including: retrieval, filing of charts and loose material, purging, and record requests.
- Performs reception desk functions, preparation of birth certificates, merge process, discharge processes, monitors and processes transcription for prompt delivery of reports to record and pt care areas, scanning/ electronic archiving of charts into electronic health record, enters charges for emergency department daily, and supports the billing company for the emergency room physicians.
- Responds to correspondence requests from patients, physicians, insurance companies, attorneys, and other requestors of medical record information.
- Ensures that the disclosure of patient information is only permitted after written authorization from the patient/or court order.
- Abides by all State and Federal statutes as it applies to the release of confidential medical record information.
- Monitors the accuracy and integrity of the deficiency module for suspension process.
- Coordinates the retrieval, review, and scheduling and/or mailing of warning and suspension letters.
- Applies appropriate technical knowledge and methods to complete work assignment according to instruction and departmental/medical center policies and procedure.
- Supports and exemplifies the hospital established Achieving Exceptional Care standards.
- High School Diploma required
- Previous hospital medical record experience preferred with emphasis on discharge analysis
- Knowledge of documentation requirements, release of information, and physician suspension process
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work in fast paced, productivity oriented environment required.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills required.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 6390