HRA Nurse Specialist
Steward Health Choice is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people and communities we serve.
Steward Health Choice believes in a personal approach to health care right in your community. We built our health care plan around you. Our goal is to give you quality health care, programs, and services to support you on your path to wellness.
Steward Health Choice provides exceptional customer service and culturally competent care through:
- Compassionate and responsive member services team
- Collaboration with community physicians to help members get the health care they need.
- Providing culturally competent health care, including extensive translation and interpretation services
- Health programs to help members and their families stay healthy
Position Purpose: The HRA Nurse Specialist is responsible for telephonic interactions with the member and compiling data in order to complete the Health Risk Assessment. The HRA Nurse Specialist will use this information to create an individualized care plan which will be shared with the member and/or caregiver, and the primary care provider.
- Complete both initial and annual Health Risk Assessments
- Utilize risk stratification tools to classify members as low, medium or high acuity
- Work collaboratively with the member to create individualized care plans based on Health Risk Assessment data, chronic conditions and gaps in care
- Ensure individualized care plans are time sensitive and contain measurable goals
- Collaborate with the Interdisciplinary Care Team to incorporate best practices, assess outcomes and develop individualized care plans
- Ensure the member and all members of the Interdisciplinary Care Team receive a copy of the individualized care plan to ensure continuity of care
- Educate member on the importance of preventive measures and following up with their primary care provider on a regular basis
- Identify members who would benefit for care, disease or behavioral health management programs and make necessary referrals
- Identify gaps in care and address with the member
- All work is documented in the care management system and is complete and accurate
Education / Experience / Other Requirements:
- LPN; RN preferred
Years of Experience:
- At least two (2) years nursing experience in a health care setting
- Managed Care/Medicare/Medicaid experience
- Skilled with telephonic Motivational Interviewing
- Computer and software program skills
- Written and verbal skills