Human Resources Manager
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where out patents live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operations 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lies through the company's managed care and health insurance services. The total number of paneled lives within Steward's integrated care network is projected to reach 3 million in 2018.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager works closely with Practice Administrators, and staff members to provide a full range of employee relations support. This position requires a high level of confidentiality this position performs duties at a professional level in the following major functional areas: employment, compensation, benefits management, workers’ compensation, leave administration, employee relations, and records maintenance. Ensures effective policy administration and compliance with employment law/regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of MS Office and HRIS systems. Kronos is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local laws/regulations governing employment, benefits, and pay practices to include FMLA, ADA, EEOC, Title VII, Workers’ Compensation, etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and previous HRIS experience required; experience with Kronos is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- PHR certification strongly preferred.
- Three (3) to seven (7) years of Human Resources experience required, including experience in an HR Manager role and/or HR Generalist role preferably in a Healthcare Environment.
- Experience with employee onboarding, development, and needs assessment.
- Strong employee relations background ( anticipate, identify, and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues)
- Previous experience with applicant tracking system required; experience with HealthSource preferred.
- Must travel to various Steward Medical Group Clinics in the Arkansas, Texas, & Louisiana Markets as needed.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10269