Instrument Tech II, Sterile Processing- Per Diem
Performs with minimum supervision all activities relating to the sterile processing and inventory management f surgical sets, equipment, medical supplies and linen in support of NH and satellite customers. Responsible for direct support function f Inventory Management in the areas of SPD stock levels, OR case cart management, and Patient Care Procedure Carts. Monitors and documents all aspects of sterile processing procedures to ensure the highest level of quality assurance standards are performed accurately. Requires schedule flexibility to work alternate shifts, weekends and holidays to accommodate staffing needs.
The SPD Shift Technician II is accountable to the department Shift Leader and is directly accountable to the Department Manager.
1. High School Diploma
2. One Year Experience in Sterile Process
3. Active Certified/Registered Central Supply Technician (CRCST) status
Current Certification ____________________Association ___________Date
1. TEAM WORK
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
D. Keeps others informed.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures the dignity of patient/customer is maintained at all times.
D. Abides by and upholds the Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
E. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e. ages and culture).
3. PROFESSIONAL: Performs and applies professional skills in all aspects of Sterile Processing with leadership, instruction and guidance.
A. Displays high level of accuracy and competence in all requirements of sterile processing procedures.
B. Processes strong knowledge of instrument recognition.
C. Processes knowledge of medical terminology.
D. Exemplifies solid principles in infection control and aseptic conditions.
E. Displays competent knowledge of inventory management principles accurately and effectively.
Performs processing techniques in accordance with AAMI and JACHO standards and Infection Control Guidelines in the sterilization of surgical instrumentation, sets, equipment, expendable medical supplies and linen.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of proper methods of the decontamination of surgical instruments and equipment.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of proper preparation, assembly and packaging using rigid container, peel pouches and wraps.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of the application of the proper sterilization methods conducive to the items being sterilized.
INSTRUMENT, EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: ASSEMBLY AND PREPERATION
1. Applies numerous preparation techniques to insure sterilization and damage prevention.
2. Inspects items for serviceability and function.
3. Inspects sets and packages to ensure integrity and proper preparation.
Testing, monitoring, handling and loading of items for sterilization using Prev Vac/Gravity Steam, EtO, Sterrad and Steris Sterilizers.
1. Demonstrates proper loading techniques.
2. Demonstrates proper handling techniques.
3. Demonstrates proper testing procedures
4. Demonstrates proper monitoring procedures.
Reorder, storage, location, and distribution of processed and stocked items in SPD.
1. Fills surgical Case Carts in support of surgical services (OR and Day Surgery) and L&D.
2. Restocks Patient Care Procedure Carts in support of clinics, wards and departments.
3. Restocks department Par Levels.
NH EMPLOYEE EDUCATION AND TRAINING COMPLIANCE
Attends all mandatory programs sponsored by NH.
1. Employee Orientation_________________(Date)
2. Safety Fair_______________(Date)
SPD EMPLOYEE EDUCATION AND TRAINING COMPLIANCE
Attends all mandatory department in-service programs and regularly attends department meetings and educational in-services.
1. Attends or follows up on all mandatory in-services directly job related.
2. Attends or follows up on department issues and information dissemination.
3. Annotates and records all instructional or informative hard copy education.
4. Displays interest and participatory attitude related to Quality Improvement Programs.
POLICIES AND PROCESURES
Maintains an informed awareness and familiarity with various reference Policies and Procedures maintained in the Department.
1. Department Policies and Procedures.
2. NH Policies and Procedures.
Demonstrates support of departmental professionalism and teamwork.
1. Provides exemplary support of Department Team Work
2. Reports to work on schedule and on time.
3. Adheres to NH policy of Use of Earned Time.
4. Provides support of department customer service in the application of communication, prioritization and technical reference guidance to internal and external hospital staff.
5. Displays willingness to assist in unassigned areas in response to work load cycles.
6. Completes all assigned tasks accurately and efficiently.
7. Performs all job assignments applying proper work safety techniques of ergonomics, body mechanics and PPE/Infection Control Principles.
PERFORMS ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ADDIGNED
Displays a positive response to assignments and follows through to completion.
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: I54405