Internal Medicine Residency Coordinator
Responsible to Western Reserve Health Education for supporting the mission, vision and values. With oversight and direction from the DIO and Program Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational and financial management of the accredited residency training program. Also responsible for medical students on rotations in Internal Medicine and continuing medical education Internal Medicine events. The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation policies and organizational policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
The Program Coordinator will continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues including long range planning, recruiting trainees, developing projects, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and managing internal and external program relations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Insures marketing materials are available in the recruitment process for residents.
- Plans, organizes and is directly responsible for the annual attainment of Internal Medicine House Staff in consultation with Program Director.
- In consultation with the Program Director, develops, monitors, tracks and adjust (if necessary) faculty contributions to ACGME 6 Core Competencies for continued accreditation.
- Directly responsible for supporting and assisting Program Director, Associate Program Director, Key Faculty, Clerkship Director, Faculty and House Staff as needed.
- Assists with preparing all documentation (annual program evaluation, self-studies, internal reviews, etc.) and information for accreditation.
- Interprets and applies ACGME, other national accrediting agencies, and organizational policies to support compliance.
- Insures documentation for RRC is accurate and complete including the ACGME database, New Innovations Residency Management database, procedure logs, duty hour logs, evaluation forms, tracking forms, letters of recommendation, verifications, etc.
- Manages materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and proctors exams as necessary.
- Insures all documentation for ABIM and licensure is accurate and complete.
- Manages the evaluative processes of the trainees, program, faculty, and rotations.
- Directly responsible for all medical students rotations 3rd and 4th year through affiliated medical schools.
- Coordinates Continuing Medical Educational programs and events for the Department of Internal Medicine.
- Works in liaison with Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Affairs at affiliated hospitals to enhance the educational image of our program at affiliated medical centers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 6186