International Registered Nurse Sponsorship Program
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH APPLICATION.
Work Hours/Shift: FT / Variable Shifts
St. Joseph Medical Center (SJMC) is a general acute care hospital in Houston, Texas owned by Steward Health Care. Established in June 1887, SJMC is recognized as the first hospital in Houston. A new hospital was constructed in 1894, but was destroyed by fire soon thereafter. The hospital was rebuilt and it underwent major expansions in 1905 and 1938. The hospital was the largest in the city until the Texas Medical Center was established. The hospital has a capacity of 792 beds.
- VIisa Screen Certificate from CGFNS.
- Successfully passEd the NCLEX-RN exam in the state of Texas and/or eligible to apply for a reciprocity of license in the state of Texas.
- Successfully passed the IELTS Academic Score of: 7 in Speaking / 6.5 Overall (OR) TOEFL Academic Score of: 26 in Speaking / 89 Overall, (OR) Exempt by CGFNS Visa Screen Certificate to be considered for a Visa Sponsorship
- Graduated from an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in country of origin.
- Practiced as an RN for a minimum of 2-3 years in an acute care facility
- Effective Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- Basic Computer Skills
*Exemptions: You may be exempt from taking one of the exams above if you meet the three (3) criteria below:
1. The country where you went to nursing school was the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada (except Quebec), or the Republic of Ireland.
2. The spoken language of your nursing school was English.
3. Your nursing school textbooks were written in English.
The Registered Nurse performs a wide variety of job duties during their shifts; promotes and restores patients' health by collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, completing the nursing process and the patients' plans of care, providing emotional, physical and spiritual support to the patients and their families and supervising assigned team members. Accountable for the observation, assessment, intervention, evaluation, rehabilitation, or health teachings of a person who is ill, injured, infirm, or experiencing a change in normal health processes; the maintenance of health or prevention of illness; the administration of a medication or treatment as ordered by a physician, the supervision or teaching of nursing; the administration, supervision, and evaluation of nursing practices, policies, and procedures; the performance of an act delegated by a physician and the development of the nursing care plan.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the department needs.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.