Inventory Specialist (Full Time)
- The Food Service (FS)-Inventory Specialist, under direct supervision of the Director of Food Service, is responsible for the buying/purchasing of food and supplies. Maintains records and performs other clerical duties appropriate to the position. Plans and organizes with strategy to analyze information. Identifies, prioritizes and implements positive change. Keeps management informed of problems and/or improvement and organizes others to do so. Maintains dictionaries related to Food Service. Assists departments with product research. Maintains vendor information database. Ensures contract compliance in all purchasing decisions.
- High School Grad with college preparation related to office or managerial organization preferred.
- Knowledgeable of inventory control and of food supplies and equipment.
- Proficient in using word processing and computer systems.
- Must be able to type 35 to 40 WPM. Typing test and Microsoft Excel test will be required.
- Preferred hospital experience, 1 to 2 years in Food Service buying.