Jr Medical Physicist
Responsible for the accuracy and quality of patient's treatment plans, chart checking, brachytherapy and radiation safety work. Responsible for specific treatment planning tasks related to IMRT, conventional external beam and brachytheraphy. IMRT plan QA .Participate in quality assurance of medical linear accelerators.
External Beam Planning
• Contours patient, obtains separations, evaluated CT images and
• verifies off-axis data as required for simulator coverage
• Performs dose calculations, assessing information as required for each case, utilizing correct factors
• Provided isodose distributions accurately representing the
• patient's treatment as indicated by simulator parameters
• Works with physicians to optimize IMRT treatment plans
• Demonstrates proficiency with the IMPAC R&V system
• Accurately charges each patient for services rendered in a timely fashion
• Considers age specific needs according to scope of service:
• Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric
• Accurately surveys the Radiation Oncology Radioisotope Room
• Receives and ships radioactive materials and completes appropriate documentation accurately
• Oversees the isocenter placement on simulator films as required for each use.
• Performs necessary dose calculations/isodose distributions as required for each case
• Handles radioactive isotopes according to ALARA and regulatory guidelines
• Completes all necessary documentation for each case accurately and in a timely manner
• Accurately charges each Brachytherapy case for services rendered in a timely fashion
Mold Room Techniques and Quality Assurance
• Prepares custom boluses and molds as needed
• Assists physicians to solve treatment set-up difficulties
• Assists physicians with creation of clinical electron set-ups ensuring complete documentation of treatment parameters
• Performs monthly machine quality assurance
• Performs weekly chart checks
Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Knowledge of dosimetric and treatment planning concepts as applied to external beam and brachytherapy in a modern Radiation Oncology facility
• BA in health/physical science or equivalent
• Degree in Medical Physics or equivalent. One year practical experience in Radiation Therapy preferred
• The junior medical physicist holding this position must work towards Board Certification in Medical Physics.
• A dosimetrist holding this position must be eligible for board certification in Medical Dosimetry
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2165