Lab Services Director
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 by 14 obstetricians, pediatricians, and family practitioners as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Hospital in 1995.
In June 2007, Odessa Regional Hospital purchased Alliance Hospital and changed its name to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. In 2015, ORMC acquired Basin Healthcare Center. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Position:
The Director of the Clinical Laboratory is responsible to the Chief Executive Officer and manages all areas of the clinical laboratory. The Lab Director is responsible for the direction and coordination of the personnel in Clinical Laboratory Services. Activities included are the performance of chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests performed in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The Lab Director ensures that services are of the best quality and are efficient and effective. Regulatory Requirements: Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry or equivalent education or combination of education, training and experience to oversee all disciplines of laboratory services. Prefer experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations.
About what is needed:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry or equivalent education or combination of education, training and experience to oversee all disciplines of laboratory services.
- Current certification as a Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Scientist to perform as a generalist.
- Must be able to perform testing in the following specialties; blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
- Current certification in BLS (American Heart Association CPR)
- Minimum of one year managerial experience in the clinical laboratory of an acute care hospital (in non-waived testing).
- Prefer experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12686