Laboratory Services Manager
Odessa Regional Medical Center was founded in 1975 as Odessa Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Through the years, the hospital grew and evolved into a full-service healthcare facility and the name was changed to Odessa Regional Medical Center to reflect its larger campus and more comprehensive services. The hospital has 225 beds and has approximately 250 physicians on staff and has over 700 employees.
Today, ORMC offers a wide spectrum of healthcare services, including advanced diagnostic imaging technology, emergency care, innovative surgical procedures, maternity care, comprehensive cardiac services and general medical care.
About the Shift:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Full time with benefits
About the Position:
Responsible for all departmental testing including proficiency samples. Responsible for performance improvement, education, ordering of supplies, and any other duties required by the laboratory in given departments. Maintains laboratory records, performs or oversees maintenance procedures. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Participates in Performance Improvement activities. Provides service to age range from neonate to Neonate to Geriatric.
- Associate or Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry or Biology.
- Current certification as a Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technician or Medical Laboratory Scientist to perform as a generalist.
- Eligibility to sit for certification exam as Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technician or Medical Laboratory Scientist to perform as a generalist. Must obtain certification within 1 year of hire date.
- Must be able to perform testing in the following specialties; blood bank, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, serology/immunology.
- Current certification in BLS (American Heart Association CPR) within 90 days of hire
- Preferred 5 years experience in appropriate departments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled